PH Louvre Pendant
About PH Louvre Pendant
Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH Louvre was designed for the Adventist Church in Skodsborg, Denmark, in 1957. The globe-shaped fixture is made up of 13 shades mounted on four supports. It is a simplification of the Spiral designed by Henningsen in 1942. The fixture provides 100% glare-free light. The geometrical, spherical design is based on the principle of illuminating all surfaces at the same angle. This ensures uniform light around the fixture, illuminating both walls and ceiling. Matte painted undersurfaces and glossy top surfaces result in an attractive reflection of the diffused light, creating uniform light distribution around the fixture.