VL Ring Crown 1
About VL Ring Crown 1
The VL Ring Crown family derives from a lamp designed by architect Vilhelm Lauritzen for the Danish Broadcasting House in Copenhagen in the 1940s. The wall lamp and pendant versions, with the characteristic organic form, were put to good use at the Danish Broadcasting House. For this project Vilhelm Lauritzen also created the VL38 and VL45 lamps. The original VL Ring Crown never appeared there, but not long after, a Ring Crown based on the original drawings was launched. In 1947, the designer Finn Juhl, who worked for Vilhelm Lauritzen, used the VL Ring Crown as part of the interior design for the Danish porcelain manufacturer Bing & Grøndahl in Copenhagen. True to its original materials and design, the VL Ring Crown was reintroduced in 2019. It’s made of untreated, polished brass and with three, five or seven shades in glossy white, triple-layered, handblown opal glass. It was complemented by the wall lamps and pendant originally installed in the Danish Broadcasting House. The VL Ring Crown family brings a distinct and authentic touch to stylish interiors as well as a warm light to softly illuminate contemporary living. The pendant emits light directed primarily downwards. The opal glass provides a comfortable and uniform illumination of the area around the fixture.