Shop products by Toso & Massari
About Toso & Massari
Renato Toso was born in Murano in 1940; Giovanna Noti Massari in Venice in 1939. They both graduated in Architecture in Venice, and got married to each other in 1968. They live and work in the town of Zero Branco (TV), working on projects in the field of architecture, furniture, renovation and design. Their relationship with Leucos is not only professional but also emotional, as they participated in its founding. In fact, Leucos is the result of their passion, cultivated and experienced since their childhood in their father’s glass-making shop (Fratelli Toso), where tiles, glass panes, objects lamps and modular elements were designed. In the architecture sector, they designed the school complex of Scandolara (TV), a few renovation projects in the historical centre of Venice, display and exhibition venues and halls for various companies (among which the Leucos offices in Scorzè). Since 2002 they have been working in East Africa and Tanzania at the request of the Benedictine Monks of the Camaldoli Community, designing three monasteries in Mafinga, Dar es Salam and Karatu (Ngorongoro). In the design field, they work with various companies: from industrial inlays to padded furniture, from home furnishings to fabrics, in addition to, of course, lighting fixtures and objects made of glass. They held solo exhibitions at Palazzo Grassi in Venice, participated in group exhibitions at the Louvre Museum, at the Pompidou Centre in Paris and at the MOMA in New York, in addition to having received many awards and acknowledgements at the international level.