Isokon was founded in 1931 by Jack Pritchard, a visionary leader at the heart of British Modernism, alongside Canadian Architect Wells Coates. It began with the Lawn Road flats in Hampstead, the first modern building of its kind, which required the furniture and fittings that Pritchard had envisaged. In 1997 Isokon became Isokon Plus, when then owner, Chris McCourt began working with new designers Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby. Today Isokon Plus continues to forge long-lasting partnerships with designers who understand and respect the ideals of the original founders. With its design roots in the Bauhaus, the Isokon Collection is all handmade in London. Isokon’s commitment is to make furniture with the same care, attention to detail and expertise, since its inception in the 1930s. Many pieces from the Isokon Collection are held within Museums, Galleries and Institutions across the globe, including V&A, MoMa, Art Institute of Chicago and the Vitra Design Museum.