Bruno Gatta founded Stilnovo in the heart of Milan on 1st June, 1946. In 1949 he partnered with his brother Paolo, having recently graduated from university, and in September, they open “Stilnovo Srl”, with a share capital of 400,000 Italian Lire. This sets off a managerial pathway which, over the course of just a few years, sees the company become a point of reference in modern lighting.
In 1965, a new production plant was opened in Lainate and by 1968, the BBPR, Joe Colombo, Angelo Mangiarotti, Ettore Sottsass, Marcello Pietrantoni, Roberto Lucci, Danilo and Corrado Aroldi were all designing for Stilnovo. Then in 1988, after decades of success, confirmed by the many lights displayed in the world’s most important design museums, Stilnovo stopped in its tracks, along a path on which it had set out in the 1940s.
In 2019, the Linea Light Group – a global leader in LED lighting – acquired Stilnovo with the aim of relaunching the brand in the modern world and continuing a history begun more than 70 years ago.
With the pragmatic and innovative approach that characterizes both Stilnovo and the Linea Light Group, the project foresees the re-release of the superb icons of the past and the involvement of new designers to develop future lighting fixtures.
Linea Light Group consists of several companies specialized in the multiple sectors of the illumination universe, being independent from, yet coordinated amongst each other. This formula allows complex and suitable solutions to be developed in any context.